New Chapter Member Welcome Letter
We are thrilled that [school] has established a chapter of the National STEM Honor SocietyTM (NSTEMTM)!
This is an exciting time to be involved in STEM and to encourage you to become future innovators and leaders in STEM disciplines. The world is changing rapidly, and we need to work together to prepare students like you for the challenges you will face on this journey that lies ahead.
Before you achieve the required GPA in STEM classes only, STEM classroom hours and project based enrichment hours, you are a Provisional member. Once you qualify, you become a member of the National STEM Honor Society! And you can get this recognition every year!
Now that you are an NSTEM Member, here are some items to make the most out of your membership:
- Login: You should have received your student member login information for the NSTEM site; if not, please ask your Advisor to gain access.
- Dashboard: Take a look at the Student Dashboard to help you manage your membership (you must be logged in to see everything – ask your Advisor for the login link to create your account).
- Merchandise: There is plenty of member only apparel and merchandise available to you with your login information.
- Social Media: follow NSTEM on YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Awards: Due March 1st, NSTEM™ provides the Advisor/Chapter STEM Champion Award and its Student-Led Project STEM Champion Award (individual or group).
- Resources: Utilize the Resource Library which is full of resources for you!
- Projects, Projects, Projects: Engage in projects that immerse yourself in real-world STEM applications.
- Think Outside the Box: Continue to innovate and explore new ways to remain interested in and engaged in STEM.