by Destini Watson
Do you want to become a whiz at coding? Here are 5 Tips for high schoolers to ACE learning how to code!
1. Have a group of friends interested in coding? Why not learn together! Learning how to code with some friends helps, especially when you can depend on each other for any challenges you face (Computer Science in High School)!
2. Also, block-based coding is great if you’re starting to learn how to code. Blockly (developers.google.com/blockly) is a website that you can use to get to know coding languages better in fun ways, including Java and Python (Blockly, Maya Bello, 2021)!
3. Next, see if your school has an AP computer science class you can take to learn about coding, or consider doing an introductory coding course at a community college in your area (Maya Bello, 2021)!
4. Additionally, high schoolers could seek mentors to provide guidance, knowledge, and help them create a professional network in coding (Hazzard, 2021)!
5. Finally, websites for learning skills, such as Udemy and Cousera, have tons of coding classes to choose from, and they can be done online (Maya Bello, 2021)!
So for those of you who want to go far in the coding world, whether you’re starting out or you want to develop your existing skills, following these tips are a good head start for now, and for your future!
Project-based learning enrichment provides high school students with college and career readiness. It gives them real world relevance, transforming students into collaborators and imaginative problem solvers. They will gain the upper hand in a global landscape, stemming from enhanced confidence and grit. NSTEM provides these young STEM enthusiasts with a close community of like-minded fellow students and educators. To start your 9-12 Chapter of the National STEM Honor Society, please visit this link https://nstem.org/start-a-chapter .
The following are resources from the National STEM Honors Society Resources section of our website for members. This comprehensive library includes info on enrichment activities, curricula, internships, scholarships, and more. Check out a free sampling here. Or get an NSTEM membership today to unlock the complete list.
View the High School National STEM Honor Society experience here! https://nstem.org/high-school