Virtual, USA (March 20, 2021) – The National STEM Honor Society (NSTEM™) is excited to announce its first webinar, STEMulating Conversations: A Woman’s Guide to Excelling in STEM, hosted by NSTEM™ Advisory Council Chair Maxine Cain.
- Searching for valuable advice on how YOU can excel in STEM? Do YOU want to be empowered by strong female leaders? Look no further!
- NSTEM™ invites YOU to attend a webinar that aims to bridge the gap between gender and race in the world of STEM.
- Hear from our host & three panelists — Dr. Maxine Cain, Dr. Natoshia Anderson, Dr. Jennifer LaBombard-Daniels, and Mrs. Eulonda Washington — on their journeys in the STEM industry and learn about their tips and tricks as they reached their successes.
- You will have the opportunity to ask the panelists questions at the end of the webinar and implement their insights into your life.
Together, WE can make a difference in the STEM community!
WHEN: March 24th, 2021 @6pm EST
WHERE: Virtual on ZOOM – Register here!!
Dr. Maxine Cain — NSTEM™ Advisory Council Chair & CEO of STEM Atlanta Women
- Collaboration, Community, & Connectivity
- Ms. Maxine Cain is NSTEM™’s Advisory Council Chair & the CEO of STEM Atlanta Women, a nonprofit organization that enlightens and educates women and girls to take advantage of the global opportunities in STEM.
- Maxine will focus on encouraging collaboration and connectivity in the STEM community and closing the gender gap in STEM. She will speak of her and NSTEM™’s mission of disrupting unconscious bias that exists in STEM and creating equity for all.
Dr. Natoshia Anderson — CEO of SMART STEM LLC, Author, Podcaster, & Keynote Speaker
- Cultivating Confidence in Pursuing STEM Careers
- Dr. Natoshia Anderson is currently the VP of Implementation & Training for Woz Ed, a STEM education company that provides customized science and STEM curriculum and kits.
- She will speak of her experience fostering confidence in STEM careers through her mentorship of underrepresented women and girls in STEM as well as leadership and professional development for people in STEM.
Dr. Jennifer LaBombard-Daniels — Educator & METRICS Project Specialist
- Influencing Growth Mindsets over Fixed Mindsets
- Dr. LaBombard-Daniels has worked in many schools acting as a STEAM teacher, Assistant Professor of Education, K-12 Special Projects Specialist, and a Science Department Leader and Teacher.
- She will shed light on the benefits of Growth Mindsets in the STEM world as well as in real life and express the significance of having a Growth Mindset over a Fixed Mindset. Learn about the advantages of believing in yourself and developing your talents.
Mrs. Eulonda Washington — Principal of Coretta Scott King Young Women Leadership Academy
- Why A Woman’s Perspective Always Matters
- Mrs. Eulonda Washington is the principal of Coretta Scott King Youth Leadership Academy, but has also served as a teacher, assistant principal, coordinator, and director.
- Oftentimes, women are overlooked in the STEM industry, but Ms. Eulonda Washington will inspire and empower those curious about why a woman’s perspective truly does matter.
National STEM Honor Society™ (NSTEM™) recognizes the need for women in STEM and believes in STEM from the Start™. Our commitment to IDEAs — Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access — is a core pillar of our organization. We understand that encouragement and recognition of young girls interested in STEM must start from a young age. This is why we strive to prepare students for the future through project-based learning and various resources. NSTEM™ provides educators and students with opportunities, grants, scholarships, and many more resources to allow everyone to cultivate a passion for STEM. We hope that you can join us in our webinar and learn more about NSTEM here.
Written by Anushka Levaku
Visit the NSTEM page for more posts about our STEM community!